Dissatisfied with your current Letting Agent?
We have recently found quite a number of Landlords approaching us who are unhappy or dissatisfied with their current Letting agent, asking about how to go about moving management of their property to us. If you have a property in Birmingham or the surrounding area and are unhappy with your current Letting agent, then why not switch? It may feel like a lot of hassle but we can do a lot of the legwork. Below is a step by step guide about how to go about moving from your current Letting agent if you are unhappy.
1. Find out how much notice you are required to give your current agent. This is likely to be 1 or 2 months and should be contained within paperwork they should have given you at the start of the process. If you cannot find it, simply contact them and ask them. Once you have this information, give them the required written notice to end your agreement with them. It will be simplest if your notice ends on a rent due date. It will make the rent payment switching process a lot easier.
2. Ideally you will also need contact details for the current tenant which your current Letting agent should provide.
3. We will contact your current tenant and ideally set up a meeting with them at the property to introduce ourselves and to explain the process going forward. This will involve them adjusting their standing order to pay us rather than your current agent. The timing of this switch will depend on when the notice you give your current agent expires.
4. We will send you our paperwork for you to complete and sign.
5. At the point of taking over management, we would usually produce a new tenancy agreement for the tenant to sign. We feel more comfortable using our own as we know what it contains and that it has everything in it that it needs to.
6. Congratulations, we are your new managing agent! Hopefully you will be delighted with our level of service.
If you require any clarification on the switching process, please do let us know. We are here to help.